Use of instruments in Phase-2 Return-to-Research under COVID-19
Each user needs to have the approval from PI/Dept/College/RO to work in phase-2 research (no additional approvals necessary for existing phase-1 users). Only authorized users, i.e. those who can operate instrument independently, may access the facilities at Keck CAMM. No training will be provided until a late time. Staff may have limited time to perform microscopy characterization for priority/urgent research at PI’s request (please send email to email@example.com).
Hours and days (updates weekly or as needed):
- 8:00 am – 8:00 pm, Sunday (7/5) – Sunday (7/19). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for arrangement of use on Saturday and Sunday. For any off-hour use, please note additional details in the user protocol*.
- Please leave a gap of minimum 1.5 hour between users on the same instrument, during which time, our staff will inspect/clean the space and instruments.
- Please inform any of our staff onsite or email us (@udel: yuyingz, yongzhao, jsloppy) as soon as you finish your session so that we can clean and prepare for next access.
- In the case that your online scheduled hours need to be adjusted to minimize the user density in the microscopy suite, you will be contacted for rescheduling.
- If you need to schedule other time, please send a separate email email@example.com to discuss.
- Schedule availability after 7/19 is to be determined at the end of week 7/12.
- Any changes and updates will be sent to you promptly based on the change of circumstances.
*User access protocol:
- Go through the screening/check-in list in the lobby of Harker Lab research wing.
- Wear face-mask throughout the use of microscopy suite.
- Use gloves whenever necessary.
- Bring your own tools as much as possible.
- In general, no more than 2 users per room in each microscopy lab (room 171-174, 155, 157-159) following the 6 feet social-distance protocol.
- Maximum 4 occupants in 154 while following the 6 feet social-distance protocol.
- WIPE workspace including keyboards, desks, mice, etc. with by user at the beginning and end of each session (wipe with provided wet paper-towel).
- Spay sanitation/disinfection is performed by staff only.
- DURING OFF-HOURS, i.e. weekday 8:00 am – 9:00 am, 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm and weekends,
- Users are responsible to carry out thorough cleaning of the workspace at the beginning and end of each session.
- Make sure a buddy system is followed, i.e. someone is around and quickly available when informed.
- Fill the logbook accurately with sufficient details.
- Please note additional information and posters in each room where you can also find our cellular phone numbers. Please call if you have any issues and questions.
- Follow UD Research-Office/Facility guidelines and training requirements.
Return to Campus Guidelines
UD’s Return to Research under COVID-19